Here’s a list of my most played / favorite songs of the past year:
1. Alphabet | The Spell: My most played song of the year. Best getting ready to go out song.
2. Mariah Carey | Candy Bling: One of my favorite slow jams off the new cd, this song keeps growing on me. The Remix ft. T-Pain is hot too.
3. La Roux: Bulletproof: “Next time baby, I’ll be, bulletproof.”
4. MGMT: Electric Feel: Great dance song. Cool video too.
5. Toni Braxton | Yesterday ft. Trey Songz: First single from one of my favorite artists. Very empowering, wish it would have come out last spring …
6. Jay-Z | Empire State of Mind: Song came out right when I moved to NYC. I think this will always have a special place with me. I still remember blasting it in my new Brooklyn apartment!
7. Lily Allen | Not Fair: Fun song, and dirty if you really listen to it. Love the video too, matches the song so well.
8. Adele | Melt My Heart to Stone: Live version of this powerful song. I played this song on repeat earlier last year, I love her voice, such emotion, and the entire CD is amazing.
9. Whitney Houston | Call You Tonight: Great cut from her newest cd, something a bit sad about this song, but I really love it.
10. Lauryn Hill | Ex-Factor: I know this song is old, but so classic to me. I really discovered it in the last year. I wish she still made music …
So there is my 2009 Hit List. Hope you like, and maybe some of these songs can be yours in the New Year. Happy 2010!